Friday 12 September 2014





Presentation to Cr Charlie Pisasale prior to Christmas






Collecting by Eric McGrath

My story is not exciting or wonderment, just a beginning like all kids. I had a collection when I was a young child and at one stage got distracted away from it by other things. My mother gave me her collection and got my interest going again. My interest in Train stamps comes from the fact not that I worked in the area, but that I preferred to collect non-Australian issues so I decided on the trains. I have stamps from many countries and always remain on the lookout for ones which may be of interest– or the stamp that I haven’t had the pleasure of obtaining a copy.





The Plight of a Stamp Collector’s Wife



I clean the house, cook the meals,



I go to work each day,

The weekends were for us alone -

A time when we could play!

Now I find him in the den

Surrounded by his stamps,

Mail is piled on desk and floor -

It looks like a Boy Scout camp!!

“C’mon, let’s go the party’s go

It’s water , sand and sun!”

Let’s pass it up this week” he said,

“I’m having too much fun!”

Again he holed up in the den

The sign said “Don’t disturb”

The man’s obsessed with covers now -

His habit can’t curb.

The doctor says there’s SCA

A group in every state.

“Get him there by April first

Much later is too late!”

Stamp Collector’s Anonymous -

A blessing from above!

Now he’s stopped collecting stamps…..

And started making love.




Hallelullah


JCLarsen


Taken from CCQ - The Enthusiast (Jan\Feb 2014)

Quotable Quote

There are two things to aim at in life:

First, to get what you want; and, after that , to enjoy it.

Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second.


LOGAN PEARSALL SMITH






PRESIDENT DAVES REPORT






WELCOME BACK to the stamp year of 2014. We hope you had a
great Christmas with family and friends and the New Year is kind
and healthy to all.
This year 2014, will be a busy year again for the club with displays,
travelling and getting ready for the 2015 100th anniversary of the landing
at Gallipoli.
Our Club exchange book system is working well and we have a lot of
positive feed back about the system. We have very good material for the
books. The exchange books will be made available to all members and
the public by contacting Ruth or Dave on 3288 7007 or email:
lothd@bigpond.com By APPOINTMENT ONLY.
On behalf of all members I thank our Management Committee for their
hard work in 2013, and 2014 will be a busy year for the Committee.
Our Membership is increasing, with past members and new members
joining the Club, as we move forward these and other areas will also
improve.
Lets all come along and make our meetings fun, enjoyable as well as
support our fellow collectors in what will be a good year.
 
Happy Collecting




Dave Roberts















No comments:

Post a Comment